If you enjoy meeting people and have a genuine interest in helping visitors of all ages make the most of their time in the museum then being an Events Team Volunteer might be for you. You may be asked to get involved with many different types of events from helping families with crafts to directing visitors to the right screen during a film event. This role does not require a regular time commitment and you can volunteer as much or as little as you are able.
We’re looking for people who are:
Outgoing and enjoy working and talking with people of all ages
- Positive, with a can-do attitude to their tasks
- Adaptable and flexible in their approach
- Team workers
- Reliable and good time keepers
- Interest in arts and crafts (optional)
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to spend your free time in one of Cumbria’s leading museums and visitor attractions. You will be amongst others who share your enjoyment for museums and their collections.
As part of a strong team you will meet and share your experience with new people from many backgrounds.
- You be able to use and pass on your existing skills or learn new ones.
- You will spend your time in a rewarding way that benefits the community and yourself.
If you’d like to know more about the what’s involved, the Role Description is included below. So if you would like to register your interest for this role please download and complete the Registration Form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like more information please email or call Claire Sleightholm on 01228 618772.