Chinese New Year Celebration
Celebrate the Year of the Rat with Tullie House, Carlisle City Council and the Lancaster University Confucius Institute.
There is something for all in this day of celebration, including:
- Incredible Kung Fu and acrobatic performances from Jin Long Academy
- Drumming workshops by More Music throughout the day
- Traditional Chinese Crafts
- Face painting
- Pom Pom the Panda!
Why not also join us at 1pm as we make our new year parade from Tullie House, through the cathedral grounds and into the city centre to showcase Chinese culture and even the crafts you have made.
After all this fun, why not relax and indulge in our café with a special offering of traditional Chinese food.
The following activities are FREE, but bookings are required:
- Jin Long Performances in the Lecture Theatre: 12.00-12.45pm or 4.00pm-5.00pm
- Jin Long Acrobat Workshop (20 minute slots): 2.30pm & 3.00pm
- Jin Long Instrument Workshop (20 minute slots): 2.30pm & 3.00pm
- Drumming Workshop with More Music (30 minute slots): 10.15am, 11.00am, 11.45am, 12.30pm, 13.15pm, 14.00pm, 14.45pm, 15.30pm
Standard museum admission rates apply but all extra activities and performances are included with admission ticket. The above activities can be pre-booked but you must buy admission tickets on arrival at the museum. Contact our Box Office on 01228 618700 to secure your place.
Image Credit: Chinese New Year 2019 photographed by Stuart Walker