Join the curators to explore the museum with a series of free 30-minute tours. With a new gallery to explore each week, you'll have the chance to discover our Pre-Raphaelite treasures, delve into prehistoric culture, or take a walk with our natural science collection.
With their expert knowledge, our curators will give a fascinating introduction to a gallery of their choice, giving you a chance to get some insider insights and ask those questions that you've aways wanted to know the answer to. What better way to start (or end) your museum visit!
The weekly schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday 12 October - The Costume Collection with Melanie
- Tuesday 19 October - Cumbrian Art with Melanie
- Tuesday 26 October - Geology with Neil
- Tuesday 2 November - Romans with Elsa
- Tuesday 9 November - Natural Science with Wednesday
- Tuesday 16 November - Reivers with Claire
- Tuesday 23 November - Pre-Raphaelite Art with Claire
- Tuesday 30 November - Prehistory with Elsa
- Tuesday 7 December - Geology with Neil
- Tuesday 14 December - Vikings with Elsa