Old Tullie House
The 'Old House' is based within the original Jacobean house (1689) and is the perfect backdrop for displays from Tullie House's Fine and Decorative Arts collection. Works on display are subject to change to allow us to show different works and preserve the condition of the collection.
Within Old Tullie House are two galleries, the Jacobean staircase and the main staircase. The ground floor gallery houses 'The Pre-Raphaelites: Women in the Picture', an exhibition of the museum’s important collection of works by Pre-Raphaelite artists and their heirs focussing on the women who were models, artists and patrons of the Movement. The first floor Panelled Room focusses on George Howard, an artist and patron of the Pre-Raphaelites, with further works from this Movement and related Arts and Crafts textiles, ceramics, metalwork, furniture and costume.
To find out more about the exhibitions in Old Tullie House please click here